Oct 6, 2008

Bye week

Let me catch up on our U19 team's activities...

We lost our first game of the year, in Macon, 3-2. We really didn't play so bad, but made some key mistakes in the back that cost us goals. Overall, we dominated play and definitely played better soccer, which is always the ultimate goal for these guys. Now we're trying to improve the consistency...

If you're familiar with the gasoline issues in the South lately, it wasn't really an easy trip to make. It's sad when you have to make sure that you've found a gas station that has gas the night before you leave because you might not make it otherwise. Anyway, I stopped with the four guys in my car at a truck stop between Atlanta and Macon to grab some food after the game. One of the guys reached into his pocket and pulled out a few bucks and handed it to me. I said, "What's this for, you already paid your $5 for today?" He said, "You said you needed to get gas, I drive and I know how it goes and just wanted to help."

We had two great practices last week, but had the weekend off from the regular schedule. Sometimes, these guys drive you crazy and you just want some time off. This time, I actually missed seeing them.

No comments: